Friday, September 27, 2013





No orcas present.

I could hear some few but distant humpback calls again on Flower Island - no singing, yet. Probably the one we heard 2 hours ago is still out there. 

Bianca
27 Sep 2013 23:26:03 PDT



Boat noise

Even if the humpback was finally banished by heavy boat noise on Flower Island, it was one lovely hour of humpback song! I can hear some chatty dolphins now on Cracroft Point but the calls are faint and underneath boat noise. Still no sign of the orcas...

Bianca
27 Sep 2013 22:13:12 PDT



Superb sounds!!

After another quiet day on Hanson Island one of the humpbacks in this area decided to sing! We can hear his lovely calls on Flower Island's hydrophone.

Bianca 
27 Sep 2013 20:19:20 PDT



Two humpbacks just passed the lab very close, maybe 5 meters off the decks! I could hear some goofy humpback calls on Local Left/ Flower Island but still not enough as to call it a song. However this was a nice wake up at OrcaLab!

Bianca
27 Sep 2013 07:36:56 PDT

No comments: