Wednesday, June 24, 2009

No orcas present.

Thanks for the notes re calls around 2:35am and thanks for all the intense listening. It really helps to have all ears monitoring. I too heard something at that time but became less confident about what I was hearing. Be nice to think there was someone out there and not just weird boat noise. I guess we will all have to continue to wait,perhaps those transients will oblige. Meanwhile, there is a gale blowing through and everyone is hunkering down for the duration.
Helena
24 Jun 2009 13:03:27 PDT

Distant calls audible.

Surprise! Did you hear that? The calls (possibly the Cs) were very close (too close) to Critical Point/Robson Bight. They have since become quite distant so we are attempting to determine if the whales are going east or west. Hopefully, they will be vocal again soon.
Helena
24 Jun 2009 21:00:49 PDT

No comments: